Monday, May 16, 2011

Tangled (2010)

Rapunzel and her frying pan, one of the film's funniest moments
Disney are renowned for their timeless animation classics, and Tangled is without a doubt one of Disney's finest. This movie ticks all the boxes, brilliant animation, wonderful characters, amazing songs and hilarious dialogue.

Tangled is Disney's take on the classic fairy tale, Rapunzel. The baby princess Rapunzel is kidnapped in the middle of the night by Mother Gothel after receiving healing powers from a magical flower. Mother Gothel keeps Rapunzel locked away in a tower, because she knows the flower's power has transferred to Rapunzel's hair. One day a bandit by the name of Flynn Rider, climbs the tower in search of a safe haven. He is taken captive by Rapunzel, Flynn strikes a deal with Rapunzel to take her to see the floating lights that are released every year on her birthday.

This movie has enough action and comedy for the boys, while the romance and drama will make the girls happy. A couple of scenes pull at the heartstrings like most Disney movies in the past, the most memorable is the lantern scene towards the end of the film.

Mandy Moore was amazing as Rapunzel, her voice worked extremely well, while her singing was immaculate. Zachary Levi was hilarious as Flynn Rider, the one liners and the comedic value that his character brought to the movie was priceless. My favourite character was Maximus, the Palace Horse. His antics with Flynn Rider brought the movie to life, and kept me laughing until the finish. Maximus certainly reminded me of Altivo from "The Road to El Dorado".

If you love Disney, you will love Tangled. If you think your too cool for kids movies, then think again, one of the best movies in the past year, make sure you watch it.

9.5/10

1 comment:

  1. I got this DVD in the mail this past weekend. I ordered it on Blockbuster @Home. So I have been watching it with my daughter non-stop. She loves this movie, it is a good movie. I even sang along with Rapunzel and my daughter. The lantern scene was beautiful, I am throwing my daughter a Tangled themed birthday party and I ordered light-up balloons to let go in the air! It is going to be fun. Luckily I don't have to return the movie so soon or deal with any late fees. I plan on watching the movie again for the 30th time after I end my shift at Dish tonight.

    ReplyDelete